Friday, April 25, 2008

Crash and Burn

I mentioned we got a camper, well a great friend of mine and I decided to set it up in the back yard for my wife and daughter to start prepping it for a weekend trip. We got it all level and the wheels chalked when I began cranking the handle for the unveiling. I wasn't two turns in when the lift system broke and all the pieces of chain and cogs fell out the bottom.

Instantly I was frustrated and my good friend smiled and said don't worry about it, we can fix it. I think we all need a good friend once in a while to pick up our countenance. This was just the first step in God letting me know I wasn't a complete idiot and that I had not made an unwise purchase.

Next I called the previous owner to ask if he had any ideas where I could get parts and he was completely apologetic and told me that he would call me back. I thought he might blow me off until I received a call from a parts guy who wanted to ship me the parts. The parts guy said we will ship you these parts and "Rod" (the guy we bought it from) wants to know when you get them so he can come install them for you.

Rod and his wife Bunny turned out to be amazing people as well. They live in Wentsville so I won't be contacting him to put it in but it is nice to know that God puts people in our lives to remind us that he loves us.