Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day Four :{>

Today has been great... Last night I got up for a drink of water and as I stood in the dark waiting for my glass to fill I was reminded to thank God for water. "Water?" you may say! I have belonged to several groups of people who help get fresh clean water to people all over the world that need it. And with the current events in Hatti I have mixed emotions about it.

I thanked God for the clean, filtered, cold water flowing from my refrigerator that is full of food, which is powered by the electricity in my own home that I share with only my family, with my three cars out front, that have tanks full of gas, that take me anywhere I want to go....

Lets just say in that moment I was very Thankful. In 1994 I spent three months in Hatti and for years I have had a negative opinion of the country. It is by far the most beautiful island I have ever been on but it was very primitive, native if you wish. I dealt with the people who were just one mission trip past savage. The Marine Corps advised us that the country was 85% AIDS infested and that the militia w consisted of Native tribes that had been given clothes and decommissioned firearms. The Corps told us not to be surprised if we were attacked with spears and rocks. So my opinion has always been low, but the news is making the world pour their hearts out to the damage in Hatti. Port A Prince is the only city I saw that had multi leveled buildings and an earthquake would have been a blessing.

All that aside, I pray this earthquake helps the people of Hatti advance in their civilization and I hope it causes the rest of us to realize that even at our poorest we are truly blessed.

Thank You God for WATER...