OK Day two had started off ruff, I'm cold, I'm tired, I made some decisions. Upped the no Mt. Dew to only drinking water. Defiantly no red meat, and trying to limit TV time. We tried to talk the kids into no TV after eight, but you can imagine the response we got from two teenage boys. Then I had to consider the fact that if you force the fast then the kids aren't drawing closer to God, their being punished. So the next best thing is to model it to them the right way.
One of the thoughts for today read;
"Have you ever been searching for a radio station only to be frustrated by finding static rather than music? You then focus to fine tune the dial again, and suddenly you hear a clear signal. The fact is, the signal always existed on the airwaves; the only difference is that now you have adjusted your tuner to the right frequency."
This thought is about to be outgrown by the idea that all radios are going digital and people don't need the soft touch to turn the knob just enough to get the right frequency anymore, but the idea is still solid.
Prayer is the tuner. Just like with the radio you may not be hearing what you want so you keep adjusting. Prayer is the same, if you are only getting static, keep praying till you hear from God.
Speaking of Prayer, it time to get tuned...

