Today starts day one of a hopefully life changing journey... and I am hungrier than I have been in days.
I have numerous goals today: Decide what to fast and why... I'm sure Mt. Dew, TV and Red Meat should be at the top of my list. Then decide why God would have me Fast. I now all the reasons I think he wants me to but do we agree, or am I being shady?
I feel the need to make a list... I hate lists!
Bible reading, that went well today... Was in Genesis reading about Abraham, The father of many Nations. He did some pretty screwed up stuff. God told him that he would give him a son and when God didn't do it right away, Abraham and his wife decided that he should have a baby (Ishmael) with her servant, and he did... HELLO !!!! That's messed up! Then 13 years later God gave him a son (Isaac) with his wife who was like 90 years old.
It gets crazier, Ishmael, who's only effort in this was being conceived, God says "He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and every one's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers." I just don't get it. I know this is all pre Jesus but it is still the same God. How are we as humans, who don't speak to God verbally, supposed to know what he wants out of us when we mix in; self, spirit, mind, emotions, and soul.
I can't even figure out my own family that I live with daily, how can I figure out God.
Well I guess that answers my why question.
Prayer... well that is a whole nother topic...

